We start with a local departure for our journey south. Accommodation has been reserved for 4 nights on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis at a carefully chosen hotel. All rooms have private facilities.
During your stay we have included these great excursions:
- A journey into 1066 country. We call at the picturesque abbey town of Battle, site of the Battle of Hastings. We go on to the ancient Cinque Port of Rye – a delightful town with enchanting cobbled streets and a mediaeval church.
- A journey along the coast to Brighton – famous for its Regency Palace and the labyrinth of antique shops in The Lanes. There will be plenty of time to discover Brighton before we travel on in the afternoon to historic Lewes. Dominated by its Norman castle the history of Lewes can be discovered in its Mediaeval streets. We return via the magnificent South Downs.
As well there will be a full day at leisure in Eastbourne – don’t miss the excellent shopping centre or perhaps just relax on a deck chair. In the summer you may even catch a band concert
Included in the Price:
- 4 nights dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation starting with dinner on day of arrival and ending with breakfast on departure day at a carefully chosen hotel in the Eastbourne area
- Excursions as detailed (subject to change)
- Travel insurance
- Single room supplement
- Personal expenditure, gratuities or any applicable admission charges etc.