We start with a local departure for our journey south. Accommodation has been reserved for 4 nights on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis at either the top class Mansion Lions or Claremont Lions Hotel.
The Mansion Lions Hotel
This elegant sea front hotel overlooks Grand Parade. All bedrooms have private facilities, satellite TV, telephone and hospitality tray. Features include a restaurant and lounge.
The Claremont Lions Hotel
Set opposite Eastbourne pier the
Claremont Lions offers magnificent views across the English Channel.
There is a traditional restaurant, cosy bedrooms and friendly service.
All rooms have tea / coffee making facilities and private facilities.
Features include a restaurant and bar.
During your stay we have included these great excursions:
- A journey into 1066 country. We call at the picturesque abbey town of Battle, site of the Battle of Hastings. We go on to the ancient Cinque Port of Rye – a delightful town with enchanting cobbled streets and a mediaeval church.
- A journey along the coast to Brighton - famous for its Regency Palace and the labyrinth of antique shops in the Lanes. There will be plenty of time to discover Brighton before we travel on in the afternoon to historic Lewes. Dominated by its Norman castle the history of Lewes can be discovered in its Mediaeval streets. We return via the magnificent South Downs.
As well there will be a full day at leisure in Eastbourne – don’t miss the excellent shopping centre or perhaps just relax on a deck chair. In the summer you may even catch a band concert.
For further information on the Mansion Lions Hotel click here
For further information on the Claremont Lions Hotel click here
Included in the Price:
- Return coach travel
- 4 nights dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation starting with dinner on day of arrival and ending with breakfast on departure day
- Excursions as detailed (subject to change)
- Admission charge to Leonardslee Gardens
Not included in the Price:
- Personal expenditure, gratuities, any admission charges
- Sea view supplement
- Single room supplement
- Travel insurance